Based on risk-adjusted return out of 385 funds in the Mid-Cap Blend Overall Rating category as of October 31st, 2023.
CWS - AdvisorShares Focused Equity ETF
Seeks long term capital appreciation by primarily investing in a focused group of U.S. exchange-listed equity securities.
Overall Morningstar Rating. Mid-Cap Blend. Based on risk-adjusted return out of 385 funds in the Mid-Cap Blend category as of October 31st, 2023.
|Symbol||Exchange||Inception Date||CUSIP||Indicative NAV|
<strong>Why Invest in CWS?</strong>
- Complement to any Broad-Based Index Fund — CWS’s strategy seeks to avoid the fundamentally weak companies that index-based funds generally hold and only invest in those perceived as “first in class” firms.
- Low Turnover — CWS’s strategy is focused on the long term. That’s why CWS aims for a buy-and-hold strategy, trading as infrequently as possible and holding for as long as it can. CWS believes that a disciplined buy-and-hold strategy is ideal for riding out market storms.
- Innovative Fulcrum Fee Structure — CWS’s Portfolio Strategist’s manager fee is directly tied to performance: outperformance is rewarded with a larger management fee; underperformance is penalized with a smaller management fee.
- Disciplined Alpha Seeking Strategy — CWS is focused on a core group of what we believe are outstanding firms, offering investors a simple way to get instant exposure to a concentrated equity portfolio of companies with proven competitive advantages.
<strong>Where Can CWS Fit in a Traditional Portfolio?</strong>
As a potential source of alpha, CWS can serve as a complement to or a satellite equity holding alongside a broadly based domestic equity position.
- Concentrated Portfolio – CWS typically holds 25 stocks. By focusing on a small group of high-quality companies, the Portfolio Strategist feels that the portfolio can most efficiently exploit the advantages of owning top-tier companies.
- Consistent Time-Tested Strategy – CWS’s principal investment strategy – holding a portfolio of 25 stocks representing the Portfolio Strategist’s highest conviction stock ideas – has been in place since 2006. A central concept to CWS’s strategy is quality companies can outperform the broad market especially when implemented with a long term, disciplined focus.
- Bottom Up, Fundamental Stock Selection – CWS seeks to benefit from investing in the highest-quality companies. These are typically firms with proven management, solid balance sheets, competitive economic advantages, strong market niches, and a long history of steadily increasing sales, earnings, and dividends.
- Disciplined and Patient Approach – The Portfolio Strategist understands that stock prices are much more volatile than their underlying fundamentals. That’s why CWS takes a long-term view. With longer holding periods, CWS seeks to benefit from the market’s tendency to overreact to any sign of trouble.
- Value Focus – CWS strives to uncover hidden value and to buy the highest-quality stocks at the lowest possible prices. By focusing on value, CWS aims to reduce its risk to broad-based market drops while aiding in long-term capital appreciation.
<strong>About the Portfolio Strategist</strong>
Eddy J. Elfenbein
“Eddy” Elfenbein has been a leading writer in the financial community since starting the Crossing Wall Street (CWS) website and the CWS “Buy List” in 2005 and 2006, respectively. He has been widely quoted in the business and financial media, including Barron’s and the Wall Street Journal. Mr. Elfenbein often appears on CNBC and Bloomberg, where he shares his insights on the market and the economy. He also authors the weekly “CWS Market Review” and the monthly “Growth Stock Advisor” newsletters. Mr. Elfenbein earned his undergraduate degree from Washington College and an MBA in Finance and Management from the University of Connecticut.
CWS Overview from Eddy J. Elfenbein
Get an introduction to the CWS ETF directly from the portfolio strategist, Eddy J. Elfenbein.
|Assets Under Management||$76,378,791.34|
|30-Day Median bid-ask Spread||0.47|
Shares are bought and sold at market price (closing price) not NAV and are not individually redeemed from the Fund. Market price returns are based on the midpoint of the bid/ask spread at 4:00 pm Eastern Time (when NAV is normally determined), and do not represent the return you would receive if you traded at other times.
As of 10/31/2023
CWS Market Cap
CWS Sector Allocation
CWS Fulcrum Fee
As of 10/31/2023
|NAV||Market Price Return||S&P 500 Index|
|Since Inception (9/20/2016, Annualized)||10.72||10.72||11.91|
As of 9/30/2023
|NAV||Market Price Return||S&P 500 Index|
|Since Inception (9/20/2016, Annualized)||11.67||11.70||12.41|
Performance data quoted represents past performance and is no guarantee of future results. All Fund data and performance data quoted is believed to be accurate, and unless otherwise stated, is sourced from the Fund administrator, the Advisor’s or Sub-Advisor’s proprietary data, and Morningstar. Current performance may be lower or higher than the performance data quoted. Investment return and principal value will fluctuate so that an investor’s shares, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than original cost. Returns less than one year are not annualized.
The S&P 500 Index is a broad-based, unmanaged measurement of changes in stock market conditions based on the average of 500 widely held common stocks. One cannot invest directly in an index.
|Date||Account Symbol||Stock Ticker||Security ID||Security Description||Shares||Share Price||Market Value||Portfolio Weight||Asset Group|
|11/29/2023||CWS||FICO||303250104||FAIR ISAAC CORP||4,250.00||1,075.10||4,569,175.00||5.98%||S|
|TREX||89531P105||TREX COMPANY INC||62,536.00||70.22||4,391,277.92||5.75%||S|
|MLR||600551204||MILLER INDUSTRIES INC/TENN||99,844.00||39.41||3,934,852.04||5.15%||S|
|BR||11133T103||BROADRIDGE FINANCIAL SOLUTIO||19,446.00||190.64||3,707,185.44||4.85%||S|
|CARR||14448C104||CARRIER GLOBAL CORP||63,472.00||52.21||3,313,873.12||4.34%||S|
|FDS||303075105||FACTSET RESEARCH SYSTEMS INC||6,455.00||454.39||2,933,087.45||3.84%||S|
|ICE||45866F104||INTERCONTINENTAL EXCHANGE IN||25,318.00||112.69||2,853,085.42||3.73%||S|
|OTIS||68902V107||OTIS WORLDWIDE CORP||33,638.00||84.33||2,836,692.54||3.71%||S|
|SAIC||808625107||SCIENCE APPLICATIONS INTE||24,105.00||115.97||2,795,456.85||3.66%||S|
|TMO||883556102||THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC||4,703.00||492.92||2,318,202.76||3.03%||S|
|SLGN||827048109||SILGAN HOLDINGS INC||51,023.00||41.51||2,117,964.73||2.77%||S|
|X9USDBLYT||BLACKROCK TREASURY TRUST INSTL 62||363,398.85||1||363,398.85||0.48%||MM|
Fees & Expenses
|Total Annual Operating Expenses||1.20%|
|Fee Waver and/or Expenses Reimbursement||-0.36%|
|Total Annual Operating Expenses After Fee Waiver/Expense Reimbursement||0.84%*|
*The Fund’s base management fee is 0.84% and will increase or decrease from 0.65% to 0.85% based on the trailing 12-month net returns of CWS compared to its benchmark. For more information, please read the full prospectus.
|Ex-Date||Record Date||Pay Date||Cash Div||ST Cap Gain||LT Cap Gain||Return of Capital||Total Distribution (per share)|