PSIL - AdvisorShares Psychedelics ETF
Dedicated Investment in the Future of Psychedelics
Based on promising research, psychedelics have the potential to disrupt the mental healthcare industry.
<strong>What Does PSIL Invest In?</strong>
The AdvisorShares Psychedelics ETF (NYSE ticker: PSIL) invests in the emerging psychedelic drugs sector, offering exposure to those biotechnology, pharmaceutical and life sciences companies we see as leading the way in this nascent industry. Ongoing and growing research has shown various psychedelic substances offering promising medical and therapeutic potential for treating mental health issues and neurological disorders. PSIL concentrates its portfolio on companies deriving the majority of their net revenue or devoting the majority of their assets to psychedelic drugs.
Note – Due to custody limitations, investment exposure to OTC and foreign listed stocks may be via swap contracts. As a result, the ETF may have a larger than normal cash position as some cash may be held as collateral for the swaps.
<strong>Why Invest in PSIL?</strong>
- Emerging Growth Opportunity – The psychedelic drug sector faces some of the same hurdles that the cannabis industry faced. However, with research showing positive results in treating mental health issues, a focus on medical, rather than recreational use, and changing legalization, we believe psychedelics could cause a seismic shift in the evolution of medicine. Because this sector will see ongoing change and volatility, we think it is best to view PSIL as a long-term growth opportunity.
- Benefits of an ETF Structure – Because psychedelics are an emerging sector, we believe an ETF is the best way to invest – PSIL seeks to offer diversification across and access to multiple securities in a single trade, trading liquidity throughout the day on the NYSE, and daily transparency of holdings.
- Alpha Opportunity – PSIL may help capture early growth in this nascent psychedelic sector – offering dedicated psychedelic exposure when you want it
<strong>Where Can PSIL Fit in a Portfolio?</strong>
- Dedicated Psychedelic Exposure – PSIL invests in biotechnology, pharmaceutical and life science companies that derive a majority of their net revenue or devote a majority of their assets to psychedelic drugs. PSIL may offer exposure to some companies not found in other ETFs.
- Active Management – The psychedelic marketplace is rapidly evolving, witnessing ongoing innovation and an influx of new investment opportunities, as well as volatility. Using daily, active management, PSIL’s portfolio manager can adjust the portfolio more quickly and opportunistically than a passive index-based strategy that must wait for periodic rebalancing.
- Efficiency, Liquidity & Transparency – PSIL is traded throughout the day on the NSYE, discloses its holdings daily, and offers access to multiple securities in the psychedelic sector in a single trade.
<strong>About the Portfolio Manager</strong>
Dan Ahrens, Portfolio Manager
Mr. Ahrens is a Managing Director and the Chief Operating Officer of AdvisorShares. He is the portfolio manager of the Pure US Cannabis ETF (ticker: MSOS) – the first ETF to offer US cannabis exposure – the Pure Cannabis ETF (ticker: YOLO), the Vice ETF (ticker: VICE), the Hotel ETF (ticker: BEDZ) and the Restaurant ETF (ticker: EATZ).
He carries over two decades of experience in the financial services industry serving in a variety of senior-level capacities and is the author of Investing in Cannabis (Wiley, 2020) and Investing in Vice (St. Martin’s Press, 2004). Additionally, Mr. Ahrens has appeared on numerous financial programs including CNBC, CNN, Fox Business, ABC News and Bloomberg and has been featured, along with funds under his management in major national and trade publications including The Economist, the New York Times, Financial Times, and The Wall Street Journal.
Get a quick and easy introduction to the PSIL ETF.
Get a quick and easy introduction to the PSIL ETF.
As of 11/26/2021
|4PM Bid/Offer Midpoint||$7.61||Premium Discount||$0.16|
|Assets Under Management||$6,781,452.81||30-Day Median bid-ask Spread||-|
Shares are bought and sold at market price (closing price) not NAV and are not individually redeemed from the Fund. Market price returns are based on the midpoint of the bid/ask spread at 4:00 pm Eastern Time (when NAV is normally determined), and do not represent the return you would receive if you traded at other times.
As of 9/15/2021
PSIL Regional Allocation
Source: Bloomberg & AdvisorShares
PSIL Market Capitalization
|Date||Account Symbol||Stock Ticker||Security Number||Security Description||Shares/Par (Full)||Price (Base)||Traded Market Value (Base)||Portfolio Weight %||Asset Group|
|11/26/2021||PSIL||CMPS||20451W101||COMPASS PATHWAYS PLC||25,488.00||32.75||834,732.00||12.31%||FS|
|FTRP||31656R102||FIELD TRIP HEALTH LTD||173,148.00||4.14||716,832.72||10.57%||FS|
|ATAI||N0731H103||ATAI LIFE SCIENCES NV||58,505.00||11.19||654,670.95||9.65%||FS|
|MNMD||60255C109||MIND MEDICINE MINDMED INC||316,582.00||2.02||639,495.64||9.43%||FS|
|GHRS||G3855L106||GH RESEARCH PLC||18,764.00||22.19||416,373.16||6.14%||FS|
|DMTTF||831664107||SMALL PHARMA INC||1,101,936.00||0.32||352,619.52||5.20%||FS|
|PSYBF||693697104||PSYBIO THERAPEUTICS CORP||1,282,358.00||0.27||342,876.88||5.06%||FS|
|SEEL||81577F109||SEELOS THERAPEUTICS INC||184,489.00||1.85||341,304.65||5.03%||S|
|NUMIF||67054W103||NUMINUS WELLNESS INC||714,453.00||0.47||335,650.02||4.95%||FS|
|GBNH||393704309||GREENBROOK TMS INC||57,870.00||5.69||329,280.30||4.86%||FS|
|ENVB||29405E109||ENVERIC BIOSCIENCES INC||218,146.00||1.45||316,311.70||4.66%||S|
|DRUG||10919W108||BRIGHT MINDS BIOSCIENCES INC||37,124.00||4.4||163,345.60||2.41%||FS|
|WSNAF||WSNAFFFS||WESANA HEALTH SWAP REC||71,000.00||1.9||134,715.40||1.99%||TW|
|CLABF||CLABFFFS||CORE ONE LABS SWAP REC||90,000.00||0.89||80,125.20||1.18%||TW|
|MSSTF||MSSTFFFS||MINDSET PHARMA SWAP REC||130,000.00||0.55||71,500.00||1.05%||TW|
|RVVTF||RVVTFFFS||REVIVE THERAPEUTICS SWAP REC||160,000.00||0.39||62,400.00||0.92%||TW|
|MYCOF||MYCOFFFS||MYDECINE INNOVATIONS SWAP REC||345,000.00||0.16||56,580.00||0.83%||TW|
|MCURF||MCURFFFS||MINDCURE HEALTH SWAP REC||130,000.00||0.22||28,470.00||0.42%||TW|
|TRYPF||TRYPFFFS||TRYP THERAPEUTICS SWAP REC||140,000.00||0.2||28,000.00||0.41%||TW|
|BETRF||BETRFFFS||BETTERLIFE PHARMA SWAP REC||110,000.00||0.23||25,377.00||0.37%||TW|
|NVMDF||NVMDFFFS||NOVAMIND INC SWAP REC||40,000.00||0.51||20,281.20||0.30%||TW|
|PSYCF||PSYCFFFS||PSYCHED WELLNESS SWAP REC||160,000.00||0.13||20,160.00||0.30%||TW|
|OPTHF||OPTHFFFS||OPTIMI HEALTH SWAP REC||40,000.00||0.49||19,688.00||0.29%||TW|
|EPWCF||EPWCFFFS||EMPOWER CLINICS SWAP REC||90,000.00||0.21||19,071.00||0.28%||TW|
|HAVLF||HAVLFFFS||HAVN LIFE SCIENCES SWAP REC||100,000.00||0.18||18,000.00||0.27%||TW|
|TRUFF||TRUFFFFS||RED LIGHT HOLLAND SWAP REC||125,000.00||0.12||15,000.00||0.22%||TW|
|X9USDBLYT||BLACKROCK TREASURY TRUST INSTL 62||40,401.04||1||40,401.04||0.60%||MM|