AdvisorShares is growing and we are looking to add to our team! We want smart, proven professionals who are seeking an exciting and challenging opportunity in a dynamic upstart environment to join us. We currently have an immediate need for the following position(s):
AdvisorShares seeks motivated individuals to be a part of its Investment Consultant team. AdvisorShares’ Investment Consultants (IC) support financial professionals in the Bank, Independent Broker Dealer (IBD), Registered Investment Advisors (RIA) and Wirehouse channels in a relationship management and consulting role. Investment Consultants will work with financial professionals to provide product education and application. Investment Consultants must have the ability to work in a high volume and high activity environment, be self-motivated, goal oriented and have the ability to prioritize activities to ensure financial professionals satisfaction. This position requires accountability and experience to recognize opportunities, vision to respond with sound strategies, discipline to adhere to those strategies and attentiveness to help deliver the right results for each financial professional.
Our investment consultant team uses a process oriented consultative approach to build relationships and generate asset growth. The primary role of the investment consultant team is to manage the relationship, educate, prospect for new relationships and promote AdvisorShares products to the financial professional community. We use a unique consulting model that employs marketing initiatives promoting various campaigns, followed up with outbound call activity to position our products and support aggressive asset growth goals with the occasional external visit for the right opportunity. Compensation will be composed of both quantitative and qualitative attributes; considering the achievement of product AUM goals, individual activity goals, and incorporating the ability to successfully profile a financial professional within our system.
Cultivate and manage financial professional relationships, by responding to inquiries, providing ongoing communication, and managing the clients/prospects throughout the education cycle, resulting in asset growth.
- Deliver education around investment solutions to financial professionals, through value-add tools/support, product information and updates, and unique AdvisorShares market insights.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with financial professionals and centers of influence.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Ability to drive relationships to increase and retain the firm’s assets under management.
- Drive to exceed activity requirements.
- Ability to tell the AdvisorShares story clearly, concisely and in a compelling way to create interest by utilizing the AdvisorShares education process.
- Ability to grow, develop and maintain working relationships with hundreds of financial professionals.
- Some travel as opportunities dictate, i.e. branch presentations, regional conferences, national conferences, large opportunities.
- Proficiency in the use of a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, ideally having experience with Salesforce.com.
- Reporting on a timely basis to your manager, including a business plan, activity reports, and asset recognition.
- Participating in high net worth and client presentations with financial advisors.
- Proven results and demonstrated sustainable achievement in a competitive environment.
- Ability to learn and demonstrate industry and product knowledge by understanding the competition, financial professionals and the investment marketplace.
- Capacity to build relationships across the entire organization and with our partner or affiliated firms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer proficiency
- Experience: No minimum of experience, looking for entry level candidates with knowledge of capital markets.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics or marketing highly desirable.
- Securities Licenses: Series 7, Series 63 (candidates with adequate professional experience will also be considered).
Salary – Commensurate with experience
Job Type – Employee, full-time
Location- Bethesda, MD
Hiring for entry level, mid-level, and senior positions.
- Entry Level = 0 – 3 years experience
- Mid-Level = 3 – 6 years experience
- Senior = 6+ years experience
Please email us today and tell us about yourself and how you can add value to AdvisorShares!
AdvisorShares Investments, LLC
4800 Montgomery Lane,
Bethesda, Maryland 20814
An investment in the Funds is subject to risk, including the possible loss of principal amount invested. The risks associated with each Fund include the risks associated with the underlying ETFs, which can result in higher volatility, and are detailed in each Fund’s prospectus and on each Fund’s webpage.