EATZ - AdvisorShares Restaurant ETF
Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is
Invest in current and emerging trends in the restaurant and food industries.
|Symbol||Exchange||Inception Date||CUSIP||Indicative Value|
<strong>What Does EATZ Invest In?</strong>
<strong>Why Invest in EATZ?</strong>
- Long-Term Secular Trend – American’s love of eating out has grown steadily over the last 80+ years – from only 25% in 1955 to 51% in 2019. While there was a decline due to the global pandemic, estimates place that spending number back over 50% in the immediate post-pandemic future.1
- Global Growth Opportunity – Many of the largest U.S. based restaurant chains have undergone substantial international growth. For example, China has more KFC’s outlets and contributes greater sales than the U.S.
- Pent-Up Demand – As COVID herd immunity spreads, we believe consumers are ready to return to eating out. The National Restaurant
- Post-COVID Opportunity – COVID-19 forced restaurant operators to become innovative to survive. As the world re-opens, growth expectations for this battered bur resourceful sector are high.
<strong>Where Can EATZ Fit in a Traditional Portfolio?</strong>
- Thematic Diversification – Allows you to invest in multiple restaurant industry securities in a single trade.
- Only ETF Dedicated Solely to the Restaurant Industry – Offers focused exposure to the global restaurant and foodservice industry when you want it.
- Alpha Opportunity – Allows you to shift your portfolio based on economic cycles and may help capture value from secular or cyclical trends in the industry – exposure when you want it.
<strong>About the Portfolio Manager</strong>
Dan Ahrens, Portfolio Manager
Mr. Ahrens is a Managing Director and the Chief Operating Officer of AdvisorShares. He is the portfolio manager of the Pure US Cannabis ETF (ticker: MSOS) – the first and only ETF to offer exclusive US-exclusive cannabis exposure – the Pure Cannabis ETF (ticker: YOLO), and the Vice ETF (ticker: VICE).
He carries over two decades of experience in the financial services industry serving in a variety of senior-level capacities and is the author of Investing in Cannabis (Wiley, 2020) and Investing in Vice (St. Martin’s Press, 2004). Additionally, Mr. Ahrens has appeared on numerous financial programs including CNBC, CNN, Fox Business, ABC News and Bloomberg and has been featured, along with funds under his management in major national and trade publications including The Economist, the New York Times, Financial Times, and The Wall Street Journal.
Get a quick and easy introduction to the EATZ ETF.
MSOS Overview from Dan Ahrens
Get an introduction to the MSOS ETF directly from the portfolio manager, Dan Ahrens.
As of 10/14/2021
|4PM Bid/Offer Midpoint||$23.49||Premium Discount||$0.46|
|Assets Under Management||$4,720,488.31||30-Day Median bid-ask Spread||0.2551020|
Shares are bought and sold at market price (closing price) not NAV and are not individually redeemed from the Fund. Market price returns are based on the midpoint of the bid/ask spread at 4:00 pm Eastern Time (when NAV is normally determined), and do not represent the return you would receive if you traded at other times.
As of 9/30/2021
EATZ Country Allocation
Source: Morningstar & AdvisorShares
EATZ Market Capitalization
|Date||Account Symbol||Stock Ticker||Security Number||Security Description||Shares/Par (Full)||Price (Base)||Traded Market Value (Base)||Portfolio Weight %||Asset Group|
|10/14/2021||EATZ||RICK||74934Q108||RCI HOSPITALITY HOLDINGS INC||4,426.00||71.4||316,016.40||6.56%||S|
|YUM||988498101||YUM! BRANDS INC||2,194.00||125.05||274,359.70||5.69%||S|
|PZZA||698813102||PAPA JOHN'S INTL INC||2,086.00||125.38||261,542.68||5.43%||S|
|CHUY||171604101||CHUY'S HOLDINGS INC||8,075.00||30.51||246,368.25||5.11%||S|
|STKS||88338K103||ONE GROUP HOSPITALITY INC/TH||18,000.00||13.59||244,620.00||5.08%||S|
|DPZ||25754A201||DOMINO'S PIZZA INC||487||477.48||232,532.76||4.83%||S|
|BLMN||094235108||BLOOMIN' BRANDS INC||9,226.00||24.09||222,254.34||4.61%||S|
|JACK||466367109||JACK IN THE BOX INC||2,051.00||99.96||205,017.96||4.26%||S|
|FRGI||31660B101||FIESTA RESTAURANT GROUP||18,118.00||11.18||202,559.24||4.20%||S|
|DRI||237194105||DARDEN RESTAURANTS INC||1,311.00||150.58||197,410.38||4.10%||S|
|CMG||169656105||CHIPOTLE MEXICAN GRILL INC||104||1,840.69||191,431.76||3.97%||S|
|TACO||245496104||DEL TACO RESTAURANTS INC||18,001.00||9.38||168,849.38||3.50%||S|
|EAT||109641100||BRINKER INTERNATIONAL INC||3,236.00||49.3||159,534.80||3.31%||S|
|RUTH||783332109||RUTH'S HOSPITALITY GROUP INC||7,492.00||20.21||151,413.32||3.14%||S|
|LOCO||268603107||EL POLLO LOCO HOLDINGS INC||7,826.00||16.7||130,694.20||2.71%||S|
|TXRH||882681109||TEXAS ROADHOUSE INC||1,390.00||90||125,100.00||2.60%||S|
|CAKE||163072101||CHEESECAKE FACTORY INC/THE||2,496.00||44.24||110,423.04||2.29%||S|
|DIN||254423106||DINE BRANDS GLOBAL INC||1,198.00||81.46||97,589.08||2.03%||S|
|DASH||25809K105||DOORDASH INC - A||446||212.43||94,743.78||1.97%||S|
|QSR||76131D103||RESTAURANT BRANDS INTERN||1,471.00||61.72||90,790.12||1.88%||FS|
|SHAK||819047101||SHAKE SHACK INC - CLASS A||801||76.77||61,492.77||1.28%||S|
|YUMC||98850P109||YUM CHINA HOLDINGS INC||1,019.00||59.56||60,691.64||1.26%||FS|
|BJRI||09180C106||BJ'S RESTAURANTS INC||1,471.00||38.38||56,456.98||1.17%||S|
|CBRL||22410J106||CRACKER BARREL OLD COUNTRY||304||137.64||41,842.56||0.87%||S|
|GRUB||48214T305||JUST EAT TAKEAWAY-SPONS ADR||2,734.00||15.19||41,529.46||0.86%||FS|
|PLAY||238337109||DAVE & BUSTER'S ENTERTAINMEN||1,061.00||38.23||40,562.03||0.84%||S|
|TAST||14574X104||CARROLS RESTAURANT GROUP INC||8,851.00||3.76||33,279.76||0.69%||S|
|X9USDBLYT||BLACKROCK TREASURY TRUST INSTL 62||53,560.69||1||53,560.69||1.11%||MM|
|Total Annual Operating Expenses||0.79%|
The Advisor has contractually agreed to reduce its fees and/or reimburse expenses to keep net expenses (excluding amounts payable pursuant to any plan adopted in accordance with Rule 12b-1, interest expense, taxes, brokerage commissions, acquired fund fees and expenses, other expenditures which are capitalized in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, and extraordinary expenses) from exceeding 0.75% of the Fund’s average daily net assets for at least one year from the date of the Prospectus.