EATZ - AdvisorShares Restaurant ETF
Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is
Invest in current and emerging trends in the restaurant and food industries.
<strong>What Does EATZ Invest In?</strong>
<strong>Why Invest in EATZ?</strong>
- Long-Term Secular Trend – American’s love of eating out has grown steadily over the last 80+ years – from only 25% in 1955 to 51% in 2019. While there was a decline due to the global pandemic, estimates place that spending number back over 50% in the immediate post-pandemic future.1
- Global Growth Opportunity – Many of the largest U.S. based restaurant chains have undergone substantial international growth. For example, China has more KFC’s outlets and contributes greater sales than the U.S.
- Pent-Up Demand – As COVID herd immunity spreads, we believe consumers are ready to return to eating out. The National Restaurant Association forecasts restaurant industry sales to bounce back by 11% in 2021.
- Post-COVID Opportunity – COVID-19 forced restaurant operators to become innovative to survive. As the world re-opens, growth expectations for this battered bur resourceful sector are high.
<strong>Where Can EATZ Fit in a Traditional Portfolio?</strong>
- Thematic Diversification – Allows you to invest in multiple restaurant industry securities in a single trade.
- Only ETF Dedicated Solely to the Restaurant Industry – Offers focused exposure to the global restaurant and foodservice industry when you want it.
- Alpha Opportunity – Allows you to shift your portfolio based on economic cycles and may help capture value from secular or cyclical trends in the industry – exposure when you want it.
<strong>About the Portfolio Manager</strong>
Dan Ahrens, Portfolio Manager
Mr. Ahrens is a Managing Director and the Chief Operating Officer of AdvisorShares. He is the portfolio manager of the Pure US Cannabis ETF (ticker: MSOS) – the first and only ETF to offer exclusive US-exclusive cannabis exposure – the Pure Cannabis ETF (ticker: YOLO), and the Vice ETF (ticker: VICE).
He carries over two decades of experience in the financial services industry serving in a variety of senior-level capacities and is the author of Investing in Cannabis (Wiley, 2020) and Investing in Vice (St. Martin’s Press, 2004). Additionally, Mr. Ahrens has appeared on numerous financial programs including CNBC, CNN, Fox Business, ABC News and Bloomberg and has been featured, along with funds under his management in major national and trade publications including The Economist, the New York Times, Financial Times, and The Wall Street Journal.
Get a quick and easy introduction to the EATZ ETF.
MSOS Overview from Dan Ahrens
Get an introduction to the MSOS ETF directly from the portfolio manager, Dan Ahrens.
|Assets Under Management||$2,460,535.29|
|30-Day Median bid-ask Spread||0.25|
Shares are bought and sold at market price (closing price) not NAV and are not individually redeemed from the Fund. Market price returns are based on the midpoint of the bid/ask spread at 4:00 pm Eastern Time (when NAV is normally determined), and do not represent the return you would receive if you traded at other times.
As of 2/28/2023
EATZ Country Allocation
Source: Morningstar & AdvisorShares
EATZ Market Capitalization
As of 2/28/2023
|NAV||Market Price Return||S&P 500 Index|
|Since Inception (4/20/2021)||-10.13||-10.09||-0.63|
As of 12/31/2022
|NAV||Market Price Return||S&P 500 Index|
|Since Inception (4/20/2021)||-15.19||-15.18||-2.78|
|Date||Account Symbol||Stock Ticker||Security ID||Security Description||Shares||Share Price||Market Value||Portfolio Weight||Asset Group|
|03/30/2023||EATZ||ARCO||G0457F107||ARCOS DORADOS HOLDINGS INC-A||28,848.00||7.65||220,687.20||8.97%||FS|
|BLMN||094235108||BLOOMIN' BRANDS INC||6,018.00||25.53||153,639.54||6.25%||S|
|DRI||237194105||DARDEN RESTAURANTS INC||831||153.88||127,874.28||5.20%||S|
|CHUY||171604101||CHUY'S HOLDINGS INC||3,521.00||35.34||124,432.14||5.06%||S|
|YUM||988498101||YUM! BRANDS INC||944||129.33||122,087.52||4.96%||S|
|CMG||169656105||CHIPOTLE MEXICAN GRILL INC||72||1,672.17||120,396.24||4.89%||S|
|DPZ||25754A201||DOMINO'S PIZZA INC||359||327.65||117,626.35||4.78%||S|
|BROS||26701L100||DUTCH BROS INC-CLASS A||3,762.00||31.17||117,261.54||4.77%||S|
|TXRH||882681109||TEXAS ROADHOUSE INC||1,064.00||108.26||115,188.64||4.68%||S|
|QSR||76131D103||RESTAURANT BRANDS INTERN||1,743.00||65.22||113,678.46||4.62%||FS|
|CASY||147528103||CASEY'S GENERAL STORES INC||520||214.43||111,503.60||4.53%||S|
|DIN||254423106||DINE BRANDS GLOBAL INC||1,600.00||66.21||105,936.00||4.31%||S|
|EAT||109641100||BRINKER INTERNATIONAL INC||2,800.00||37.22||104,216.00||4.24%||S|
|FAT||30258N105||FAT BRANDS INC-CL A||14,775.00||7.05||104,163.75||4.23%||S|
|JACK||466367109||JACK IN THE BOX INC||1,055.00||84.76||89,421.80||3.64%||S|
|RICK||74934Q108||RCI HOSPITALITY HOLDINGS INC||1,048.00||76||79,648.00||3.24%||S|
|CAKE||163072101||CHEESECAKE FACTORY INC/THE||800||35.2||28,160.00||1.14%||S|
|PLAY||238337109||DAVE & BUSTER'S ENTERTAINMEN||753||36.53||27,507.09||1.12%||S|
|CBRL||22410J106||CRACKER BARREL OLD COUNTRY||200||112.41||22,482.00||0.91%||S|
|LOCO||268603107||EL POLLO LOCO HOLDINGS INC||2,348.00||9.21||21,625.08||0.88%||S|
|SG||87043Q108||SWEETGREEN INC - CLASS A||2,120.00||7.46||15,815.20||0.64%||S|
|SHAK||819047101||SHAKE SHACK INC - CLASS A||281||54.42||15,292.02||0.62%||S|
|STKS||88338K103||ONE GROUP HOSPITALITY INC/TH||1,020.00||8||8,160.00||0.33%||S|
|PZZA||698813102||PAPA JOHN'S INTL INC||62||74.72||4,632.64||0.19%||S|
|X9USDBLYT||BLACKROCK TREASURY TRUST INSTL 62||23,751.98||1||23,751.98||0.97%||MM|
|Fee Waver and/or Expenses Reimbursement||-1.12%|
|Total Annual Operating Expenses||0.99%|
The Advisor has contractually agreed to keep net expenses from exceeding 0.99% of the Fund’s average daily net assets for at least one year from the date of the prospectus. For more information, please read the full prospectus.
|Ex-Date||Record Date||Pay Date||Cash Div||ST Cap Gain||LT Cap Gain||Return of Capital||Total Distribution (per share)|
- The industry information presented above is for informational purposes only and may not be reflective of an investment in the Fund.
- 1 Historical data is from the National Restaurant Association; forecast data is from Morgan Stanley Research.
- Before investing you should carefully consider the Fund’s investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses. This and other information is in the prospectus, a copy of which may be obtained by visiting the Fund’s website at www.AdvisorShares.com. Please read the prospectus carefully before you invest. Foreside Fund Services, LLC, Distributor.
- Investing involves risk including possible loss of principal. The hotels, restaurants & leisure industry is highly competitive and relies heavily on consumer spending for success. The prices of securities of companies in the industry may fluctuate widely due to general economic conditions, consumer spending and the availability of disposable income, changing consumer tastes and preferences and consumer demographics, in addition may be affected by the availability and expense of liability insurance. Legislative or regulatory changes and increased government supervision.
The success of companies owning and operating restaurants depends heavily on disposable household income and consumer spending, and changes in demographics and consumer preferences can affect the success of such companies. These companies may be subject to severe competition, which may have an adverse impact on their profitability. In addition, restaurants may be affected by nutritional and health concerns, and federal, state and local food inspection and processing controls. Changes in labor laws and other labor issues, such as increased labor costs, could adversely affect the financial performance of such companies.
- While limit orders do not guarantee execution, they ensure that an investor will not pay more than a pre-determined price for a stock.
- ADR: An American Depositary Receipt (ADR) is a negotiable U.S. Security that generally represents a company’s publicly traded equity or debt. Depositary Receipts are created when a broker purchases a non-U.S. company’s shares on its home stock market and delivers the shares to the depositary’s local custodian bank, and then instructs the depositary bank to issue Depositary Receipts.
- Alpha: Alpha, one of the most commonly quoted indicators of investment performance, is defined as the excess return on an investment relative to the return on a benchmark index.
ETF Social Conversation