DWAW - AdvisorShares Dorsey Wright FSM All Cap World Equity ETF
Technically Driven World Equity Exposure
Incorporate various market cap, factors and styles into your global equity exposure.
|Symbol||Exchange||Inception Date||CUSIP||Indicative Value|
<strong>Why Invest in DWAW?</strong>
- Alpha-Seeking Complement to Broad Based Exposure – Broad based indexes, by their nature, have the good and the bad, the strong and the weak. DWAW seeks to add alpha using Dorsey Wright’s historically successful trend following process and investment modeling that looks to identify the strongest asset classes from the weaker performers.
- Active Management Advantage – Many ETFs passively invest owning the majority of the stocks represented in their benchmark index, including those with less than attractive investing attributes. DWAW’s investment process systematically screens a broad variety of asset classes in the FSM All Cap World investment universe for inclusion or removal from its highly tactical, active portfolio.
- Asset Class Rotation – Owning or even avoiding certain asset classes – domestic or foreign, small or large cap, growth or value, factor or market based – is an important determinant of portfolio success. Asset classes rotate in and out of season. Sometimes those trends last for years, other times for months. By investing in the highest FSM ranked funds, DWAW seeks to capture the growth of those asset classes demonstrating the greatest relative strength while avoiding the weakest.
- Systematic Defense – Because we believe avoiding severe losses helps to preserve capital and can contribute to good performance over time, DWAW uses a rules-based approach to tactically add cash or short term fixed income exposure to the portfolio when momentum indicators are triggered. The temporary defensive position is to try to shield the portfolio from certain catastrophic market types.
<strong>Where Can DWAW Fit in a Traditional Portfolio?</strong>
DWAW can serve as an alpha-seeking complement to a broad-based market cap weighted position, such as a fund that tracks a global index, as well as a stand-alone investment solution for world equity exposure with tactical asset allocation.
- Unconstrained Equity Portfolio – DWAW is uniquely positioned from an investment opportunity perspective because it is not limited by style (value or growth), investment capitalization (small, mid or large), or even classification of international market (domestic or foreign, emerging or developed).
- Targeted Asset Class Exposure – By tactically allocating to the top ranked asset classes based on Dorsey Wright’s FSM ranking and modeling, DWAW seeks to identify and benefit from major leadership themes within the market. DWAW will regularly rebalance on an equal weight basis into the most favorably identified funds within the FSM All Cap World investment universe.
- Relative Strength Analysis– DWAW uses a relative strength strategy, via FSM rankings, which compares price performance within a universe of stocks and is designed to remove human emotion from the decision process. This is a disciplined, repeatable process to systematically identify and select which sectors and stocks to own, as well as, which to avoid or sell.
- Tactical Defensive Investing – When the market demonstrates overall weakness, DWAW will gradually allocate to cash or short term fixed income. This cash allocation will incrementally increase or decrease based on whether the momentum indicator is showing overall market strength or weakness versus cash.
<strong>About the Portfolio Manager</strong>
Nasdaq Dorsey Wright, Model Manager
Nasdaq Dorsey Wright is a registered investment advisory firm based in Richmond, Virginia. Since 1987, Dorsey Wright has offered comprehensive investment research and analysis through their Global Technical Research Platform. Dorsey Wright’s expertise is technical analysis, utilizing Point & Figure Charting, Relative Strength Analysis, and numerous other technical and systematic tools to analyze market data and deliver actionable insights.
Dan Ahrens, Portfolio Manager
Mr. Ahrens is a Managing Director and the Chief Operating Officer of AdvisorShares. He is the portfolio manager of the Pure US Cannabis ETF (ticker: MSOS), the Pure Cannabis ETF (ticker: YOLO), the Vice ETF (ticker: VICE), the Hotel ETF (ticker: BEDZ), and the Restaurant ETF (ticker: EATZ).
He carries over two decades of experience in the financial services industry serving in a variety of senior-level capacities and is the author of Investing in Cannabis (Wiley, 2020) and Investing in Vice (St. Martin’s Press, 2004). Additionally, Mr. Ahrens has appeared on numerous financial programs including CNBC, CNN, Fox Business, ABC News and Bloomberg and has been featured, along with funds under his management in major national and trade publications including The Economist, the New York Times, Financial Times, and The Wall Street Journal.
As of 9/23/2021
|4PM Bid/Offer Midpoint||$37.02||Premium Discount||$-0.01|
|Assets Under Management||$147,904,434.67||30-Day Median bid-ask Spread||0.0024119|
Shares are bought and sold at market price (closing price) not NAV and are not individually redeemed from the Fund. Market price returns are based on the midpoint of the bid/ask spread at 4:00 pm Eastern Time (when NAV is normally determined), and do not represent the return you would receive if you traded at other times.
As of 7/31/2021
DWAW Sector Allocation
DWAW Market Cap
DWAW Growth vs Value
DWAW Regional Allocation
|Date||Account Symbol||Stock Ticker||Security Number||Security Description||Shares/Par (Full)||Price (Base)||Traded Market Value (Base)||Portfolio Weight %||Asset Group|
|09/24/2021||DWAW||RPG||46137V266||INVESCO S&P 500 PURE GROWTH||366,787.00||203.35||74,586,136.45||50.39%||MF|
|RSP||46137V357||INVESCO S&P 500 EQUAL WEIGHT||474,788.00||153.8||73,022,394.40||49.34%||MF|
|X9USDBLYT||BLACKROCK TREASURY TRUST INSTL 62||238,421.29||1||238,421.29||0.16%||MM|
As of 8/31/2021
|NAV||Market Price Return||MSCI All Country World Index (ACWI)|
|Since Inception (12/26/2019, Annualized)||26.67||26.69||19.4|
As of 6/30/2021
|NAV||Market Price Return||MSCI All Country World Index (ACWI)|
|Since Inception (12/26/2019, Annualized)||28.47||28.56||13.57|
Performance data quoted represents past performance and is no guarantee of future results. All Fund data and performance data quoted is believed to be accurate, and unless otherwise stated, is sourced from the Fund administrator, the Advisor’s or Sub-Advisor’s proprietary data, and Morningstar. Current performance may be lower or higher than the performance data quoted. Investment return and principal value will fluctuate so that an investor’s shares, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than original cost. Returns less than one year are not annualized.
Fees & Expenses
|Gross Expenses Ratio||1.37%|
|Acquired Fund Fees and Expenses||0.25%|
|Fee Waver and/or Expenses Reimbursement||0.13%|
|Net Expense Ratio||1.24%|
|Ex-Date||Record Date||Pay Date||Cash Div||ST Cap Gain||LT Cap Gain||Return of Capital||Total Distribution (per share)||DWAW|