DWEQ - AdvisorShares Dorsey Wright Alpha Equal Weight ETF
Technically Driven Domestic Equity Exposure
Target the strongest relative strength growth companies in the strongest trending sectors
|Symbol||Exchange||Inception Date||CUSIP||Indicative Value|
<strong>Why Invest in DWEQ?</strong>
- Alpha-Seeking Complement to Broad Based Exposure – Broad based indexes, by their nature, have the good and the bad, the strong and the weak. DWEQ seeks to add alpha using Dorsey Wright’s historically successful trend following process that looks to identify the strongest sectors and companies, while eliminating the weakest performers.
- Active Management Advantage – Many large-cap ETFs passively invest owning the majority of the stocks represented in their benchmark index, including those with less than attractive investing attributes. DWEQ’s investment process systematically screens 1,000 of the large U.S. equity securities for inclusion or removal from its highly selective, active portfolio.
- Sector Rotation – Numerous academic studies have shown that successful sector rotation is one of the important determinants of portfolio success. Sectors rotate in and out of season. Sometimes those trends last for years, other times for months. By investing in the highest relative strength rated sectors, DWEQ seeks to capture the growth of the positive outliers on the bell curve of sector returns while avoiding the negative outliers.
- Systematic Defense – Because we believe avoiding severe losses helps to preserve capital and can contribute to good performance over time, DWEQ uses a rules-based approach to tactically add cash or short-term fixed income exposure to the portfolio when momentum indicators are triggered. The temporary defensive position is to try to shield the portfolio from certain catastrophic market types.
<strong>Where Can DWEQ Fit in a Traditional Portfolio?</strong>
DWEQ can serve as an alpha-seeking complement to a broad-based market cap weighted position, such as a fund that tracks the S&P 500 Index, as well as, a stand-alone investment solution for domestic large cap equity exposure.
- Concentrated Portfolio– DWEQ typically has a portfolio of 40 to 50 large cap domestic equities.
- Targeted Sector Exposure – By tactically allocating to the top-ranked sectors based on relative strength analysis, DWEQ will adjust and rotate into the sectors with the highest relative strength, and equally allocate across those sectors.
- Highest Ranked Stocks– Stocks selected for each sector must demonstrate both a buy or bullish signal and rising price momentum (both the “B” and “X” columns in point and figure charting). DWEQ will systematically rebalance on an equal weight basis into the most favorably identified individual securities within the top ranked sectors.
- Relative Strength Analysis– DWEQ uses a relative strength strategy, which compares price performance within a universe of stocks and is designed to remove human emotion from the decision process. This is a disciplined, repeatable process to systematically identify and select which sectors and stocks to own, as well as, which to avoid or sell.
- Tactical Defensive Investing– When the market demonstrates overall weakness, DWEQ will gradually allocate to cash or short term fixed income. This cash allocation will incrementally increase or decrease based on whether the momentum indicator is showing overall market strength or weakness versus cash.
<strong>About the Portfolio Manager</strong>
Nasdaq Dorsey Wright, Model Manager Nasdaq Dorsey Wright is a registered investment advisory firm based in Richmond, Virginia. Since 1987, Dorsey Wright has offered comprehensive investment research and analysis through their Global Technical Research Platform. Dorsey Wright’s expertise is technical analysis, utilizing Point & Figure Charting, Relative Strength Analysis, and numerous other technical and systematic tools to analyze market data and deliver actionable insights.
Dan Ahrens, Portfolio Manager
Mr. Ahrens is a Managing Director and the Chief Operating Officer of AdvisorShares. He is the portfolio manager of the Pure US Cannabis ETF (ticker: MSOS), the Pure Cannabis ETF (ticker: YOLO), the Vice ETF (ticker: VICE), the Hotel ETF (ticker: BEDZ), the Restaurant ETF (ticker: EATZ).
He carries over two decades of experience in the financial services industry serving in a variety of senior-level capacities and is the author of Investing in Cannabis (Wiley, 2020) and Investing in Vice (St. Martin’s Press, 2004). Additionally, Mr. Ahrens has appeared on numerous financial programs including CNBC, CNN, Fox Business, ABC News and Bloomberg and has been featured, along with funds under his management in major national and trade publications including The Economist, the New York Times, Financial Times, and The Wall Street Journal.
As of 9/23/2021
|4PM Bid/Offer Midpoint||$27.80||Premium Discount||$0.00|
|Assets Under Management||$82,006,045.39||30-Day Median bid-ask Spread||-|
Shares are bought and sold at market price (closing price) not NAV and are not individually redeemed from the Fund. Market price returns are based on the midpoint of the bid/ask spread at 4:00 pm Eastern Time (when NAV is normally determined), and do not represent the return you would receive if you traded at other times.
As of 7/31/2021
DWEQ Market Cap
DWEQ Sector Allocation
DWEQ Cash Holding
|Date||Account Symbol||Stock Ticker||Security Number||Security Description||Shares/Par (Full)||Price (Base)||Traded Market Value (Base)||Portfolio Weight %||Asset Group|
|ODFL||679580100||OLD DOMINION FREIGHT LINE||7,475.00||302.97||2,264,700.75||2.78%||S|
|MPWR||609839105||MONOLITHIC POWER SYSTEMS INC||4,316.00||517.92||2,235,342.72||2.75%||S|
|EPAM||29414B104||EPAM SYSTEMS INC||3,468.00||629.47||2,183,001.96||2.68%||S|
|TPX||88023U101||TEMPUR SEALY INTERNATIONAL I||44,100.00||49.37||2,177,217.00||2.68%||S|
|GNRC||368736104||GENERAC HOLDINGS INC||4,864.00||444.61||2,162,583.04||2.66%||S|
|NET||18915M107||CLOUDFLARE INC - CLASS A||16,324.00||130.36||2,127,996.64||2.62%||S|
|APH||032095101||AMPHENOL CORP-CL A||27,120.00||77.49||2,101,528.80||2.58%||S|
|CMG||169656105||CHIPOTLE MEXICAN GRILL INC||1,060.00||1,937.22||2,053,453.20||2.52%||S|
|BURL||122017106||BURLINGTON STORES INC||6,700.00||304.86||2,042,562.00||2.51%||S|
|BBWI||070830104||BATH & BODY WORKS INC||30,300.00||67.39||2,041,917.00||2.51%||S|
|TT||G8994E103||TRANE TECHNOLOGIES PLC||11,095.00||183.24||2,033,047.80||2.50%||FS|
|HON||438516106||HONEYWELL INTERNATIONAL INC||9,084.00||219.19||1,991,121.96||2.45%||S|
|ZBRA||989207105||ZEBRA TECHNOLOGIES CORP-CL A||3,528.00||559.48||1,973,845.44||2.43%||S|
|ROK||773903109||ROCKWELL AUTOMATION INC||6,418.00||302.57||1,941,894.26||2.39%||S|
|DPZ||25754A201||DOMINO'S PIZZA INC||3,950.00||489.84||1,934,868.00||2.38%||S|
|SCI||817565104||SERVICE CORP INTERNATIONAL||31,600.00||61.22||1,934,552.00||2.38%||S|
|AMD||007903107||ADVANCED MICRO DEVICES||18,270.00||105.8||1,932,966.00||2.38%||S|
|WMS||00790R104||ADVANCED DRAINAGE SYSTEMS IN||17,678.00||108.65||1,920,714.70||2.36%||S|
|YUM||988498101||YUM! BRANDS INC||15,300.00||125.52||1,920,456.00||2.36%||S|
|AXON||05464C101||AXON ENTERPRISE INC||10,460.00||179.75||1,880,185.00||2.31%||S|
|AOS||831865209||SMITH (A.O.) CORP||29,209.00||64.06||1,871,128.54||2.30%||S|
|CARR||14448C104||CARRIER GLOBAL CORP||34,700.00||53.12||1,843,264.00||2.27%||S|
|NKE||654106103||NIKE INC -CL B||12,200.00||149.59||1,824,998.00||2.24%||S|
|GME||36467W109||GAMESTOP CORP-CLASS A||9,450.00||185.16||1,749,762.00||2.15%||S|
|VRT||92537N108||VERTIV HOLDINGS CO||70,460.00||23.83||1,679,061.80||2.06%||S|
|ENPH||29355A107||ENPHASE ENERGY INC||10,644.00||153.66||1,635,557.04||2.01%||S|
|X9USDBLYT||BLACKROCK TREASURY TRUST INSTL 62||228,297.69||1||228,297.69||0.28%||MM|
As of 8/31/2021
|NAV||Market Price Return||S&P 500 Index|
|Since Inception (12/26/2019, Annualized)||6.38||6.35||23.98|
As of 6/30/2021
|NAV||Market Price Return||S&) 500 Index|
|Since Inception (12/26/2019, Annualized)||7.17||7.29||22.61|
Performance data quoted represents past performance and is no guarantee of future results. All Fund data and performance data quoted is believed to be accurate, and unless otherwise stated, is sourced from the Fund administrator, the Advisor’s or Sub-Advisor’s proprietary data, and Morningstar. Current performance may be lower or higher than the performance data quoted. Investment return and principal value will fluctuate so that an investor’s shares, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than original cost. Returns less than one year are not annualized.
The S&P 500 Index is a broad-based, unmanaged measurement of changes in stock market conditions based on the average of 500 widely held common stocks. One cannot invest directly in an index.
Fees & Expenses
|Gross Expenses Ratio||1.23%|
|Fee Waiver and/or Expense Reimbursement||-0.20%|
|Ex-Date||Record Date||Pay Date||Cash Div||ST Cap Gain||LT Cap Gain||Return of Capital||Total Distribution (per share)||DWEQ|