AdvisorShares is growing and we are looking to add to our team! We want smart, proven professionals who are seeking an exciting and challenging opportunity in a dynamic upstart enviroment to join us. We currently have an immediate need for the following positions:
Office Receptionist/Executive Assistant
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the smooth operation of our office and assisting our management team. The candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills, be organized, detail oriented, able to work independently, prioritize work, and exercise good judgment. Responsibilities include answering phones and screening calls, ordering office supplies and equipment, coordinating meetings, and scheduling travel for our executives. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist executives in writing, editing and formatting documents, articles, and internal emails
- Coordinate international and domestic travel arrangements, including travel itineraries, agendas, passports, and expense reports
- Identify administrative problems or issues and proactively propose and implement solutions
- Greet candidates and clients, answers telephones, take messages, and responds to general questions
- Provide reception and office services which includes sorting and distributing mail, filing, stocking kitchen, and washing dishes
- High School diploma with record of academic excellence; college degree preferred
- Expert knowledge of English grammar and exceptional writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented that enable efficient and effective multi-tasking
- Able to communicate effectively with executive team and clients
- Good organizational skills and demonstrated ability to be efficient in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment in apportioning time and setting priorities in order to provide the most timely response to multiple requests
- Candidate must be familiar with or demonstrate ability to rapidly learn processes and responsibilities associated various online systems
- Team player who is willing to help out as needed
- Job Type - Part-time, less than 30 hours per week, Monday - Friday
- Location - Bethesda, MD
- Wage - Negotiable
- Experience Required - No minimum experience required, but a willingness to work hard
- Computer/windows proficiency, experience in MS Office products
Back to Top
AdvisorShares seeks motivated individuals to be a part of its Investment Consultant team. AdvisorShares’ Investment Consultants (IC) support financial professionals in the Bank, Independent Broker Dealer (IBD), Registered Investment Advisors (RIA) and Wirehouse channels in a relationship management and consulting role. Investment Consultants will work with financial professionals to provide product education and application. Investment Consultants must have the ability to work in a high volume and high activity environment, be self-motivated, goal oriented and have the ability to prioritize activities to ensure financial professionals satisfaction. This position requires accountability and experience to recognize opportunities, vision to respond with sound strategies, discipline to adhere to those strategies and attentiveness to help deliver the right results for each financial professional.
Our investment consultant team uses a process oriented consultative approach to build relationships and generate asset growth. The primary role of the investment consultant team is to manage the relationship, educate, prospect for new relationships and promote AdvisorShares products to the financial professional community. We use a unique consulting model that employs marketing initiatives promoting various campaigns, followed up with outbound call activity to position our products and support aggressive asset growth goals with the occasional external visit for the right opportunity. Compensation will be composed of both quantitative and qualitative attributes; considering the achievement of product AUM goals, individual activity goals, and incorporating the ability to successfully profile a financial professional within our system.
Cultivate and manage financial professional relationships, by responding to inquiries, providing ongoing communication, and managing the clients/prospects throughout the education cycle, resulting in asset growth.
- Deliver education around investment solutions to financial professionals, through value-add tools/support, product information and updates, and unique AdvisorShares market insights.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with financial professionals and centers of influence.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Ability to drive relationships to increase and retain the firm's assets under management.
- Drive to exceed activity requirements.
- Ability to tell the AdvisorShares story clearly, concisely and in a compelling way to create interest by utilizing the AdvisorShares education process.
- Ability to grow, develop and maintain working relationships with hundreds of financial professionals.
- Some travel as opportunities dictate, i.e. branch presentations, regional conferences, national conferences, large opportunities.
- Proficiency in the use of a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, ideally having experience with Salesforce.com.
- Reporting on a timely basis to your manager, including a business plan, activity reports, and asset recognition.
- Participating in high net worth and client presentations with financial advisors.
- Proven results and demonstrated sustainable achievement in a competitive environment.
- Ability to learn and demonstrate industry and product knowledge by understanding the competition, financial professionals and the investment marketplace.
- Capacity to build relationships across the entire organization and with our partner or affiliated firms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer proficiency
- Experience: No minimum of experience, looking for entry level candidates with knowledge of capital markets.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in finance, economics or marketing highly desirable.
- Securities Licenses: Series 7, Series 63 (candidates with adequate professional experience will also be considered).
Salary - Commensurate with experience
Job Type - Employee, full-time
Location- Bethesda, MD
Back to Top
Please email us today and tell us about yourself and how you can add value to AdvisorShares!